Outreach is about getting outside of ourselves to share our God-given gifts with each other and with the community. The people of Hills of Peace do this in a variety of ways together, and individually:
Caring and Sharing
The caring and sharing group meets once a month to offer help to those in need in our community. Their activities include:
- A freezer full of food - Extra baking, casseroles, soup, etc. left at the church by the congregation are delivered to those who need it.
- Saturday Soup Lunch - Once a month during the autumn and winter months.
- Baby Layettes - A collection of baby supplies for new moms in the community.
- Prayer Chain - We pray for all people who request it.
- Weekly lunch for the ASK Wellness Centre - a team of three members prepare a meal for the AIDS Services Kamloops Wellness Centre guests each week.
Our congregation is part of a Lutheran visiting group at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops. Each team visits once or twice a week only those patients who have identified themselves as Lutheran and who are open to a visit. Where appropriate or requested, referrals are made to Lutheran clergy.
TRU Campus Ministry
Hills of Peace supports the ministry of our pastor to serve as a chaplain at the Thompson River University. Each week our pastor is available to students for pastoral care and prayer. Young adults at TRU are also invited to participate in evening prayer services and join together for a meal.